On Tuesday 19 May 2015 02:34:53 James wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras <realnc <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > On 19/05/15 03:47, James wrote:
> > > One of the things I find ugly about github is the first appearance
> > > of the main (base) page of a given project.
> > >
> >    https://github.com/realnc/SDL_audiolib
> >
> >    http://realnc.github.io/SDL_audiolib
> >
> > Info on how to do this:
> >    https://help.github.com/categories/github-pages-basics
>
> Ah, very nice! Monkey see:: monkey Do
>
> thx,
> James

As Nicos said, if the aesthetic appearance is important for your project's
users then you would be better off setting up your own website.  There you can
play not only with theming it using CSS, but also with the structure, layout
and functionality, without any restrictions from what github offers.  A word
of warning though ... it can become a full time job both tweaking it and
protecting from attacks.  The latter is more or less a given if you are
setting up a dynamic content website, using php or similar with a database
back end.  Static pages present less of a challenge.

--
Regards,
Mick