On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 03:02:13PM +0430, behrouz khosravi wrote
> Hello everyone. After spending about a year in the world of linux (and
> mostly beloved gentoo!) I have realized that the key to a stable and fast
> machine is to keep the system as small as possible.
> So I am going to use console based tools mostly. I will also replace KDE
> with i3wm.
>
> What do you recommend as a replacement for kmail? (is mutt a good choise?)

  Note that text-based tools split the download-from-ISP, read-the-email,
and upload-to-ISP functions.  I use getmail to download email.  I've
used mutt for years as my mail-client (reading email).  It's text-based,
but you can have it invoke W3M to read HTML email as text email.  For
the filtering function, I use procmail.  It allows me to read from
multiple ISPs and direct email into multiple mailboxes (a many-to-many
relation).  For MTA (sending email out) functionality I use ssmtp.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>