> On 30/05/15 14:07, gevisz wrote:
>>
>> I do not know how to do that.
>
> Go to [1], scroll to the bottom. There should be some settings for yt
> language.
>
>> Yes, but according to the link, provided by Marc, it contains gettext
>> instruction for its translation according to the locale set on the
>> local computer.
>>
>> I get this issue for all youtube videos, either on youtube or embedded
>> into the html code on other web-sites: right-clicking the video brings
>> the menu in a non-English language. (One of its entries in English is
>> "Get embedded code".)
>

> No. It's about localizing web pages with gettext. gettext is on the
> server side. The server sets a locale for the session and then localizes
> your page accordingly via calls to gettext before you even get the page.
>
> Basically on your first visit yt tries to guess your locale based on
> several parameters. Mainly the Accept-Language http header (the thing in
> Settings->Content which you already found). It stores whatever your
> current setting is in your cookies and whenever you visit yt or have a
> video embedded in some site this cookie determines the language for yt
> content.

Ok, thank you for explanation. If the localization is done on the server
side, then cleaning the cookies should help and it indeed helped: the
menu returned to its English view as soon as I deleted all my cookies
from youtube.

>> Moreover, if the menu "is from the site and not from firefox", why I
>> get it in English from the other instance of the Firefox run in the
>> same environment?
>
> It probably uses the same cookies.

Probably you meant "the different cookies."

> [1] http://youtube.com

Too late get your explanation about checking the "yt language."
Now, after deleting all youtube cookies, it is set to English as desired.