> Here's some good advice:
>
> Don't do that. See below.

Oops! I have done it and I am happy so far !

That's a bit of a nonsensical line of thought, as what you think you
> want doesn't really exist.

I think you misunderstood me! for example adding CPU specific flags is a
good idea right?
I meant something like that. For example is it wise to enable opengl flag
globally ? is it helpful to do so?

> > What do you recommend ?
>
> DO NOT SET "USE=-*"

As I said before I have done it and I totally recommend it to anyone
interested to get a better understanding of user land.

> Pick a profile that suits what you want to use the computer for.

You have a desktop? Pick a suitable desktop profile. Don't pick a KDE
> one unless oyu use KDE for instance (all that does is set some KDE flags
> (like semantic-desktop or baloo or whatever they call it now) and force
> some KDE packages to be merged. It doesn't change the underlying way
> things work.

desktop profiles are very big for my taste. In fact I have been using KDE
for about a year on the default (basic) profile.
I have compiled the KDE with KDE profile and I have witnessed the
differences with my own eyes.

> I very much doubt you can "increase security" by picking some USE flags.
> There is no
> USE="open-me-up-to-the-world"
> or
> USE="rock-solid-nsa-proff-tight"
> USE flags :-)
>
> So what security features do you need or want?
> Figure that out and then set the system up to provide that. You will get
> what you want.
>
> Well I know there is no USE flag like that! I am not that stupid but I
remember that I have read somewhere(unfortunately I dont remember where)
that disabling some use flags will degrade the security of system.