Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:

> The don't use it, grub:0 still works just fine

It's all working fine (atm). But changes are problematic, or at least
they have been in the past

> I gave grub-2 a try earlier this week and once again couldn;t figure out
> how to install that mini-OS that bootstraps a boot loader which
> bootstraps a boot loader which loads code that loads a kernel. So back
> to grub:0 for me

I do not really want to go to back to grub-legacy. I do not what to
be bound to (u)efi booting either.  You could just lie to me
and make us both happy?

Most safe (least hassle):: I guess I should just mask it and stay on::
sys-boot/grub- 2.02_beta2-r3

It's been fine even with multiple kernel updates...........

James