On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 08:53:42 +0100
Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

<snipped for brevity>

First, thanks to everyone who replied to this thread.  As usual in this
group, I learned something from every reply.

I've actually been using lastpass for about two years, so I lost a lot
less than I would have otherwise.   I had another scary moment, though,
when I couldn't remember my lastpass master password.

After about twenty guesses I remembered that I just recently changed my
lastpass password exactly because of the 'possible' data breach at
lastpass (the security issues Mick mentions below).

I asked lastpass to email me my password hint, which I made vague on
purpose so bad guys would have trouble using it -- and that meant I had
trouble using it too :)  But after another ten guesses I finally got
the new password right.  Whew...