Todd Goodman <t...@bonedaddy.net> [15-07-28 17:01]:
> * meino.cra...@gmx.de <meino.cra...@gmx.de> [150727 23:07]:
> [..SNIP..]
> > I tried the stripped down version of wpa_supplicat.conf with mixed
> > results. I changed it as follows:
> >
> > hw_mode=n             # a simply means 2.4GHz
> > channel=0             # the channel to use, 0 means the AP will search for
> > the channel with the least interferences
> > ieee80211d=1          # limit the frequencies used to those allowed in the
> > country
> > country_code=DE       # the country code
> > ieee80211n=1          # 802.11n support
> > ieee80211ac=1         # 802.11ac support
> > wmm_enabled=1         # QoS support
> >
> > ssid=somename         # the name of the AP
> > auth_algs=1           # 1=wpa, 2=wep, 3=both
> > wpa=2                 # WPA2 only
> > wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
> > rsn_pairwise=CCMP
> > wpa_passphrase=XXXXXXXXXX
> >

> > I changed hw_mode to "n" since "a" is not supported by the tablet PC
> > which I want to connect to my PC.
> > I set the password to something different as shown here... ;)
> >
> > The output is:
> > Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
> > Line 1: unknown global field 'interface=wlan0'.
> > Line 1: Invalid configuration line 'interface=wlan0'.
> > Line 2: unknown global field 'hw_mode=n'.
> > Line 2: Invalid configuration line 'hw_mode=n'.
> > Line 3: unknown global field 'channel=0'.
> > Line 3: Invalid configuration line 'channel=0'.
> > Line 4: unknown global field 'ieee80211d=1'.
> > Line 4: Invalid configuration line 'ieee80211d=1'.
> > Line 5: unknown global field 'country_code=DE'.
> > Line 5: Invalid configuration line 'country_code=DE'.
> > Line 6: unknown global field 'ieee80211n=1'.
> > Line 6: Invalid configuration line 'ieee80211n=1'.
> > Line 7: unknown global field 'ieee80211ac=1'.
> > Line 7: Invalid configuration line 'ieee80211ac=1'.
> > Line 8: unknown global field 'wmm_enabled=1'.
> > Line 8: Invalid configuration line 'wmm_enabled=1'.
> > Line 10: unknown global field 'ssid=somename'.
> > Line 10: Invalid configuration line 'ssid=somename'.
> > Line 11: unknown global field 'auth_algs=1'.
> > Line 11: Invalid configuration line 'auth_algs=1'.
> > Line 12: unknown global field 'wpa=2'.
> > Line 12: Invalid configuration line 'wpa=2'.
> > Line 13: unknown global field 'wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK'.
> > Line 13: Invalid configuration line 'wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK'.
> > Line 14: unknown global field 'rsn_pairwise=CCMP'.
> > Line 14: Invalid configuration line 'rsn_pairwise=CCMP'.
> > Line 15: unknown global field 'wpa_passphrase=stardancer2107631'.
> > Line 15: Invalid configuration line 'wpa_passphrase=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX'.
> > Failed to read or parse configuration
> > '/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf'.
> >  *   start-stop-daemon: failed to start `/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant'
> >                           [ !! ]
> >  * ERROR: net.wlan0 failed to start
> > [1]    4612 exit 1     /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 restart
>
> This looks like your /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file is not
> formatted correctly.

> [...]

Hi Todd,

thanks for your help! :)

I will to adjust the config file and see what will happen...
Dont worry about the password...it is a fake one. If everything is
running fine, if will choose a more random one.

By the way...While tumbling down the google hole ;) I came across
"hostapd" which exactly seems to be build for the purpose I want: An access
point.

BUT:
I could not decide, what tutorial is correct:
Do I still need wpa_supplicant with hostapd or
Don't I neeed wpa_supplicant?

Best regards,
Meino