Todd Goodman <t...@bonedaddy.net> [15-07-28 19:08]:
> * meino.cra...@gmx.de <meino.cra...@gmx.de> [150728 11:28]:
> [..SNIP..]
> > Hi Todd,
> >
> > thanks for your help! :)
> >
> > I will to adjust the config file and see what will happen...
> > Dont worry about the password...it is a fake one. If everything is
> > running fine, if will choose a more random one.
> >
> > By the way...While tumbling down the google hole ;) I came across
> > "hostapd" which exactly seems to be build for the purpose I want: An access
> > point.
> >
> > BUT:
> > I could not decide, what tutorial is correct:
> > Do I still need wpa_supplicant with hostapd or
> > Don't I neeed wpa_supplicant?
> >
> > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
> > Best regards,
> > Meino
>
> Hi Meino,
>
> I don't think you need wpa_supplicant if you're using hostapd (unless
> you need to also connect to a WAP in additional to being a WAP
> yourself, and in that case I don't know if it requires a different
> interface to do that.)
>
> I think wpa_supplicant is a supplicant (i.e., client only) component.
>
> But I could be wrong and hopefully someone else will chime in with more
> hostapd experience than I have.
>
> Regards,
>
> Todd

Hi,

Slowly but surely I got a lot of ants in my head...or it feels like.
There are SO MANY tutorial out there and every doc says something
different.

No I got this:

>rfkill list
1: phy1: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: yes
        Hard blocked: no

Damn! This is the by far the most complicated thing which came across
my way with linux...

Best regards,
Meino