On 2015-08-27, Mike Gilbert <flop...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 6:27 PM, Michel Catudal <mcatu...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I've had serious problems in the past getting to to install on a partition
>> and gave up. Is that bug fixed? It insists on installing on the MBR which is
>> unacceptable.
>
> It's not a bug, and it won't be "fixed". Installing on a partition is
> simply not supported.

So, grub2 refuses to share power and cooperate with another bootloader.
Bill Gates would be pround.

For those of us with multiple Linux installations on a disk, that's a
pretty big reason to stick with grub-legacy.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm having a BIG BANG
                                  at               THEORY!!