On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 12:00:51 -0400, Michel Catudal wrote:

> > I'm installing openSUSE 13.2 into a VM right now and the *default*
> > location for installing GRUB2 is a partition! So what's all the fuss
> > about?

> Not all distributions are Microsoft type. Fedora comes to mind.

WTF are you on about? You complain that GRUB2 can't install to a
partition, and call such restrictions Microsoft-like. I point out that
openSUSE does indeed install GRUB2 to a partition, just ike you want, and
now you call them Microsoft-like?

So in your view, installing to  the MBR is dictatorial like Microsoft
while installing to a partition like you say you want is also Microsoft
like? I think you should take Alan's advice.

--
Neil Bothwick

Snacktrek, n.:
 The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
 returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
 materialized.