On Mon, 31 Aug 2015, cov...@ccs.covici.com wrote:

[snip]

> Just to let you know, most of the python entries were mandated by
> portage, certainly the systemd one.
> emerge --info
> Portage 2.2.20.1 (python 2.7.10-final-0,
> default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome, gcc-4.9.3, glibc-2.21-r1,
> 3.16.3-gentoo x86_64)

I think this is your problem right here: you don't have the systemd
profile selected. You're trying to splice together the use settings needed
to get this to work when all of them are already gathered in the right
profile.

Remove most of the use settings you were forced to make because of systemd
related issues, change your profile to

    default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/gnome/systemd

and emerge -uDUva @world.

This should remove most (if not all) of the blockers caused by conflicting
use flags you currently have set.