On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 7:57 AM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you.  I've been running systemd for months and this is the first
> time I've heard about systemd profiles.  I'm not using either gnome or
> kde, so should I use default/linux/amd64/13.0/systemd, which doesn't
> seem to care if I'm running a desktop machine or a headless server?

Yes.  The profile doesn't do too much, but it is helpful.

At this point I think all the USE changes you've been making are
causing you more harm than good.  I'm pretty sure that you just need
to emerge -1 python-systemd, but I'm travelling so it might be a while
before I can take a closer look at things.

--
Rich