On 09/05/2015 03:19 PM, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
[snip]

>>> I was right that rebuilding libtiff (not perl-cleaner) will get you past
> that
>>> ebuild, but my advice was the same you just received, go back to the *VERY
>>> FIRST* post on the subject and fix the root of the problem. You will see
> that
>>> error again (or worse runtime errors) until you fix it.
>>>
>>> Hint: It was Alan that gave you the solution. You chose to fix it by
> installing
>>> an incompatible jpeg implementation. That needs to be undone.
>>
>> It seems to me Alan solution:
>> emerge -avC libjpeg-turbo
>> emerge -av1 media-libs/jpeg:0 media-libs/jpeg:62
>>
>> It will come to hunt me.  It allow me to keep going with upgrades as I
>> couldn't find any better solution.
>>
>> Currently I have media-libs/jpeg installed in two slots:
>> media-libs/jpeg-6b-r12:62
>> media-libs/jpeg-8d-r1:0
>>
>> I can not get rid of "media-libs/jpeg-6b-r12" due to dependency
>> net-misc/nxclient-3.5.0.7 (=media-libs/jpeg-6*)
>>
>> I need "nxclient" for now until I find better solution.
>>
>> According to: equery d media-libs/jpeg-8d-r1
>>  * These packages depend on media-libs/jpeg-8d-r1:
>> virtual/jpeg-0-r2 (>=media-libs/jpeg-8d-r1:0
>>
>> Maybe I could uninstall jpeg-8d-r1 as only "virtual/jpeg-0-r2" depends
>> on it.
>>
>> Thelma
>>

> That was your own solution. You have a few ways to solve it.
>
> 1. Grab the last version of nxclient from the gentoo attic (or from
> /var/db/pkg/net-misc/nxclient if it doesn't need any files to build) change
> the
> dependency to virtual/jpeg, put it on a local overlay and re-emerge it (after
> replacing libjpeg with libjpeg-turbo again)

> 2. Rebuild everything that depends on libjpeg on the right order. Something
> like (I have not tested this command, but it may build stuff you don't have
> installed, hence the --depclean, maybe somebody can give you a better one):
>
> # emerge --oneshot `equery depends virtual/jpeg`
> # emerge --depclean --ask
>
> 3. This is a hack and I've never done it. In /var/db/pkg/net-misc/nxclient
> update all media-libs/jpeg to the virtual/jpeg. Then unmerge all media-
> libs/jpeg slots and emerge libjpeg turbo. This should work because anything
> linked against jpeg *should* work with jpeg-turbo but not the other way
> around.

Good ideas, thank you.
I'm trying to implement one of this ideas but I have a problem with making
manifest.  The nxclient-3.5.0.7.ebuild is not in "attic" but I have a local
copy.
Though, I can not "manifest" the ebuild it can not be found:
nxclient-3.5.0-7.x86_64.tar.gz
ebuild /usr/local/portage/net-misc/nxclient/nxclient-3.5.0.7.ebuild manifest

Layman -L
doesn't list it either

Various places have it, like:
https://baobabmaster.unige.ch/download/linux/

I downloaded and copy the file to:  /usr/portage/distfiles
but system still try to download the file when I try to make ebuild ...
manifest"

Thelma