Thelma

On 09/06/2015 01:40 PM, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
[snip]
>> Though, I can not "manifest" the ebuild it can not be found:
> nxclient-3.5.0-7.x86_64.tar.gz
>> ebuild /usr/local/portage/net-misc/nxclient/nxclient-3.5.0.7.ebuild manifest
>
> Change the SRC_URI variable on the ebuild to point to one of those mirrors.
> If
> you already have it on distfiles it probably doesn't find it because the
> SRC_URI
> has a different filename.
>
>> Layman -L
>> doesn't list it either
>
> That's normal because it's not a layman managed overlay. Just make sure to
> list it on your repos.conf. When you emerge it with the -v option it should
> show your overlay name instead of gentoo next to the package name.
>
> If it's a binary package you could also just add the dependencies to your
> world file or to a set and just unpack it manually to /opt.
>
> BTW. It is on the attic, and it does requires extra files. Just copy the
> whole
> directory from the attic, including files/, then update the SRC_URI and the
> jpeg dependency.

Hmm I don't know which directory you talking about, is it:
https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/net-misc/nxclient/files/?hideattic=0

I just downloaded: nxclient-3.5.0.7.ebuild
and have only two files in:
/usr/local/portage/net-misc/nxclient
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1162 Sep  6 17:21 Manifest
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1991 Sep  6 17:21 nxclient-3.5.0.7.ebuild

> https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/net-misc/nxclient/?hideattic=0
>
>> Various places have it, like:
>> https://baobabmaster.unige.ch/download/linux/

I removed: media-libs/jpeg
and emerged libjpeg-turbo

I think it worked, I changed in: nxclient-3.5.0.7.ebuild
SRC_URI="http://download.vrdc.cornell.edu/extras/other/nxclient-3.5.0-7.x86_64.tar.gz";

RDEPEND="dev-libs/expat
        >=dev-libs/openssl-0.9.8
        media-libs/audiofile
        media-libs/libjpeg-turbo

Generated new manifest and it compiled just fine.

This solved the problem with audacity-2.0.5 I had a problem previously; now it
compiles just fine.

Thanks,
Thelma