wraeth wrote:
> On 14/09/15 13:46, Dale wrote:
> > So, it's installed but I can't find it to remove it.  What the heck
> > is this about?  Anyone else ever run into this?  Is there a way to
> > "find" it??  Can I remove it somehow??
>
> I'm not certain, but I believe the -MERGING-* files are left over from
> an interrupted Install phase. Dr. Google suggests manually removing
> [1,2] and while I did come across this many moons ago, I can't recall
> how I dealt with it myself.
>
> 1:
> http://negativesum.net/tech/linux/gentoo/log/fixing-portage-when-it-has-
> wedged-a-package-as-merging
> 2: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-882687.html

Something broke in quoting again.  Stinking software I guess.

This is along the lines of what I was thinking.  I just don't see how it
could have happened tho.  I have a UPS on my rig and I'd never shutdown
if there was a emerge process running.  Then again, maybe something else
broke and stopped the emerge process somehow.

I also need to fix google too.  It didn't find anything when I searched
which also made me curious about what the heck this is.

Going to go see if I can track this turkey down.

Thanks much.  At least your google search worked.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)