On Sunday 13 September 2015 22:46:01 Dale wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>I ran eix-test-obsolete and in the output, I get the following:
>

>The following installed packages are not in the database:
>
>sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev
[...]

Just for the record, but I think emaint (part of portage) should be capable of
fixing this automatically (specifically, it's "merges" command).  It can do a
couple more things, so check it out anyway.  (Also, per the news item "New
portage plug-in sync system" from 2015-02-02, "emaint sync" is going to become
the preferred way of syncing the portage tree and overlays.)

HTH
--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup