On 09/18/2015 01:15 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> How tight is space? eclean-dist only removes distfiles for packages that
> are no longer in the tree. So you can run it on one system and keep
> $DISTDIR reasonably trimmed. If you use the --package-names option, it
> will do as you suggest and only keep files needed by the machine running
> the command.

Thanks for the replies.

I regularly run eclean-dist on the mythtv frontends as I still have 32GB
SSDs on a couple of them. These are pretty lean as all file shares &
mythtv recordings are on the server that is running 24/7.

I figured eclean-dist would wipe out everything that wasn't needed by
the machine it was run on, but if all it does is clean stuff that isn't
in the tree any longer that would work too.

The server I'd be running it on has ample space. Which is why I was
debating over the http-replicator (thanks for the suggestion Peter!) and
just exporting the damn distfiles directory.

I think I'm going to try exporting it first and see if it does what I
want first, if it works I'll leave it. :-)

Dan