On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 9:51 AM, lee <l...@yagibdah.de> wrote:

> |   (dev-libs/boost-1.56.0-r1:0/1.56.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
> pulled in by
> |     (no parents that aren't satisfied by other packages in this slot)
> |
> |   (dev-libs/boost-1.55.0-r2:0/1.55.0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
> pulled in by
> |     dev-libs/boost:0/1.55.0= required by
> (dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
> |                   ^^^^^^^^^^
> |     (and 2 more with the same problem)
> |
>>  (I wrote the below)
>> that doesn't work just try running emerge -1 on the packages that are
>> causing the block by depending on the older package version?
>
> I suppose the newer versions of the packages are the ones that are
> causing the blocks.  You could argue that other versions of packages are
> causing the blocks, but I would argue that there weren't any blocks
> before the newer versions of the packages were available, hence the
> newer versions obviously cause the blocks.  That is to say that I'm
> unsure which packages you're referring to as those causing the blocks.

Apologies if it was a bit unclear.

In this example, I'd run emerge -1 =dev-libs/librevenge-0.0.2

You also need to run it on the "2 more with the same problem" but we
don't know what those are.  Adding --verbose might help.  It should be
safe to run emerge -1 on anything you already have installed.  If this
is a dynamic deps issue then emerge -1 pkg will probably help.

Either way, after trying that can you post the output of this:

emerge -j 8 -p --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y --backtrack=500
--verbose --tree @world

That will show you what is pulling in updates to what.  I'm interested
in the entire output of emerge, not just the parts you think are most
relevant - feel free to attach a file containing it.

--
Rich