On 9/29/2015 8:02 PM, James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Another point of concern. When radically changing infrastructure like this,
> why not just do the entire thing under a new DNS and have both online for a
> while, until the new site if vetted and the actual real bugs worked out?

Well... not sure how that would work, since we are not changing domain
names, only redesigning the site.

What I would do if I was a web dev is just set up a test site, then set
up the development site for the customer under a subdirectory, ie:

https://mycustomtestingsite.com/customer-a/index.html

> Also, your company should force this contractor to take a large liability
> policy, in the name of your company, should things go really fubar....

Interesting idea. Not sure how well it would go over.

Is that a common thing in the industry for large corporate redesigns
like this?

Thanks James