Hello, Wabe.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 06:27:04PM +0200, waben...@gmail.com wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <a...@muc.de> wrote:

> > Every time I shut down my gentoo system with "shutdown -h now", it
> > beeps at me.  This is becoming steadily more irritating as the months
> > go by. Just what is this beep supposed to be telling me?  I _know_
> > I'm shutting the machine down.

> > Can anybody here tell me how to disable this <beep>ing annoyance?

> > Many thanks in advance!

> IIRC you must disable CONFIG_INPUT_PCSPKR in the Kernel config.

No, no, no!  I don't want to disable my loudspeaker!  For example, I get
beeps through my ssh connection with my ISP telling me that new mail has
arrived.

I simply want to disable that one particular beeping at shutdown time.
(OK, I want to disable the beeping when I click to exit XFCE too, but
I've sent that question to an XFCE list.)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).