On 12/03/2015 09:53 AM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Beast BSE is a soft syntesizer for (beside others) Linux.
>
> The application ( https://testbit.eu/wiki/Beast_Home ) needs
> to be compiled from source and is not part of the portage.
>
> Since I had bad experience with portage overlays (they (read:I)
> screwed up my system lately ... typical level 8 failure) I
> want to avoid that.
>
> Unfortunately I came not farther than to the moment its configure
> didn't show m the libpng and stopped doing its job.
>
> Is there any step by step tutorial how to compile this beast
> on (Gentoo) Linux?
> Or does someone get a compilation done successfully on Gentoo?
> How?

Well, it could be done outside portage but that's probably not a good idea.

It is possible to write your own ebuild (which probably wouldn't be too
difficult) but you'll still need to add a local overlay to drop your
custom ebuilds in.

I haven't done this in quite some time now, but that program looks
interesting, now I want to try it myself! Tomorrow I'll look at it and
see if I can get it working. I'm in North America though so keep the
time difference in mind.

I better get back to work now...

Dan