On Fri, Dec 25, 2015 at 04:10:40AM +0000, Ian Bloss wrote
> I was saying the libsdl packages have a USE flag "sound" which builds the
> sound module for sdl. So if qemu makes any calls to the sound module not
> pure alsa calls, that might be causing your issue.
>
> Wabes USE flag output shows he's building sdl with the "sound" use flag
> enabled and not just alsa alone.

  "sound" is a default USE flag for libalsa and libalsa2.  I.e. "+sound"
in IUSE in the ebuilds.  It shows up in the emerge, and both libsdl's
had it.  Apparently QEMU prefers libsdl2 over libsdl when both USE flags
are set.  I removed the "sdl2" flag from qemu, and re-emerged qemu.  I
no longer get the error message, apparently because the libsdl version
that qemu now uses does have "alsa" enabled.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>