Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk> writes:

> On Tuesday 05 January 2016 14:18:12 lee wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to offload the preprocessing to the server, and can
>> compiling on localhost be avoided as much as possible somehow?
>
> Try Neil's suggestion of using a chroot and NFS exporting. I use it here to
> good effect.

I must be missing his posting?

So export / via NFS, mount it on the server and chroot into it?  That
might not work because of the stupid multilib requirement:  The server
is no-multilib, the client is not.

Of course, I installed the client no-multilib and found that gnome
cannot be installed on no-multilib, so I had to reinstall.  Then I
decided to use KDE because I don't want systemd, and installing gnome
without it is a PITA.

However, I don't see why gnome --- or anything else --- should require
multilib.  It's not like I'd want to run anything 32bit.

Why are there no no-multilib profiles when you need a desktop profile?

It has taken two days now to install Gentoo, and it's still not finished