Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I'd like to to install winusb, and it appears to depend on grub-2:
>   $ sudo emerge -av winusb

Ok, so I've never used winusb, so excuse me for asking a few dumb questions
here. Even after reading a bit and searching around, I have these dumb
questions. I did  not find sufficient reading materials to 'turn the light on'
as to when and why and how this winusb is used.

1. So winusb can put a window (vista-->8) image on a usbstick that will
boot most x86 orx86-64 hardware with the appropriate windows binary?
The hardware can then be installed with the windows image?

2. winusb can be used as a live_windows on a linux system where changes
are retain on the usb stick?

3. winusb can be used to install windows in a VM?

4. winusb can be used to install windows in a container?

Any links to reading materials or explanations as to these ideas
are most welcome.

James