On 05/10/2016 04:03 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 10/05/2016 18:14, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
>>

>>   (sys-devel/gcc-4.4.7:4.4/4.4::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
>>     sys-devel/gcc:4.4 required by @selected
>
>>   (cross-armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.5.4:4.5/4.5::x-portage,
>> installed) pulled in by
>>     cross-armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc:4.5 required by @selected
>
> It's a hard problem to solve, and portage doesn't really know the
> solution. It likely knows how to make itself shut up (remove the low
> version compilers) but that's unlikely to *solve* it. Maybe you really
> want to have 4.4 and 4.9, portage doesn't know how it can give that to
> you so it brain dumps everything it's got and tells you to figure it out.

In this case, you explicitly told portage that you want to keep
sys-devel/gcc:4.4 and cross-armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc:4.5
installed, as they are in the @selected set (defined by your world
file).  This means that portage's normal resolution mechanism (remove
the packages that break things) won't work, as that won't satisfy your
requests (as it knows them to be).  I haven't looked into why gcc 4.9
blocks older versions now, although I know it didn't always do so.

--
Jonathan Callen