In data sabato 28 maggio 2016 14:03:16, Bill Kenworthy ha scritto:
> I was just about to spring for a mid range MS surface pro 4 tablet when
> I saw a few posts about hardware problems ... MS hardware is usually
> solid (in contrast to their software! :)
>
> Are there any other similar tablets out there that are gentoo/Linux
> friendly that are worth looking at?
I have a surface pro and one surface pro 3, each of them purchased as soon
as they appeared in Italy and all of them with Gentoo running since the very
beginning.

Skipping the patches I had to apply initially for having all the HW working,
currently in the pro 3 the running gentoo has a kernel 4.0.4 on which I retro
applied the MS button module from a successive kernel release for the volume
and power buttons to work and a patch for having both the cams working too.

If you need I can send them both.

I'm very satisfied with it (I have also the MS docking station) I use it for
office and as DAW (with jackd)

Regards
Giampiero