On Saturday 09 Jul 2016 19:45:03 Daniel Frey wrote:

> Right now my machine is nice and stable. What I don't understand is that
> plasma clearly isn't ready for primetime yet (IMHO) yet it seems KDE4 is
> not installable on Gentoo anymore.

The KDE project are notorious for that, or at least in my book they are. I
told them last year that if I'd allowed an embryonic KDE-4 out the door the
way they did I'd have been out of a job quicker than you could say "quality
control." Made no difference of course.

> I did try many things trying to get plasma working but everything I
> tried had no results. Plasma would crash even if you didn't do anything
> (no keyboard or mouse input.)

I've had no trouble with stability, only with ugliness.

Thanks again for trying to help, Dan.

--
Rgds
Peter