On 30/07/16 14:09, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Hi,

thank you for your reply ! :)
I have to use the nvidia drivers, because I am using Blender, which
renders via CUDA on the GPU...

Best regards
Meino

Jigme Datse Yli-RAsku <jigme.da...@datsemultimedia.com> [16-07-30 08:04]:
I have an earlier version of the x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers installed (361.28),
but if I recall, I couldn't get x11 to use them.  Or maybe they are already
using them, but I don't know it (but I believe I couldn't get the tools to
recognize that they were being used).  My understanding is that using the
correct framebuffer drivers is as good, if not better than using the official
nvidia ones.  But as I don't believe I have had the opportunity to do so, I
can't really say.

Jigme Datse Yli-Rasku

On 2016-07-29 22:36, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
Hi,

trying the new kernel linux-4.7 (vanilla, downloaded from
ftp.kernel.org) with nvidia drivers
(Installed versions:  367.35-r1^md(03:00:46 07/30/16)(X driver kms
multilib uvm -acpi -compat -gtk3 -pax_kernel -static-libs -tools
-wayland KERNEL="linux -FreeBSD")).
The kernel compiled fine, the nvidia-drivers does not.

Anuone else with the same problem (read: This has to be
fixed by nvidia/Linus) or am I the only one (so it is
my problem...which does not neccessarily imply that I
know how to fix that ... ;) ???

Best regards
Meino

There is a duplicate definition of a function[1], the kernel apparently has a function and a certain parameter list and then someone at nVidia managed to use the same name but a different parameter list - hence the duplicate definition.

I hit this last night, went back one kernel but the latest nvidia driver only works with the 4.7 series kernel so had to go one back with the drivers as well. It's known so just hang tight a day or two and all should be well.

        Andrew

[1] From memory at 2am and after a lot of chocolate so could be slightly wrong here