Hello,

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
>David Haller <gen...@dhaller.de> [16-07-30 13:24]:
[..]
>> I've got it working with the attached patch in
>> /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-367.35/
[..]
>Short qyestion: How can I apply it...I mean...as soon as I do an
>emerge, either the original source will be unpacked or my package
>will be rejected for being modified an different from the one, which
>does not compile...

In this case: just create the dir

mkdir -p /etc/portage/patches/x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-367.35/

and save the patch there. The rest works "as if by magic" thanks to
the epatch-user in the ebuild. The version in the directory-name makes
it only get applied to that version of the driver.

HTH,
-dnh

--
  If you fall and break your legs, don't come running to me.
    -- Samuel Goldwyn