Joachim Gwoke wrote:

> On 25 Sep 2016 12:19 a.m., "Dale" <rdalek1...@gmail.com
> <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > J. Roeleveld wrote:
> password
> parts and
> else you
> enough
> > > Dale,
> > >
> > > You should know better. Please don't make it worse by top-posting
> even more.

> OP seems to be looking for an install-script/tool.
> > > This does not exist other than the simple to follow handbook.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Joost
> > >

> > Well, as you know, I never top post unless it is a new person that
> > starts it.  The only reason I do it then is because most likely the
> > person on the other end has no choice but too.  It's likely why no one
> > has mentioned this.  For all we know, he may be doing this with a
> > limited cell phone.  Who knows.  For the normal situations tho, I bottom
> > post as you know or do it inline.  I will be glad when he gets it sorted
> > out and can actually set it up to be mailing list friendly.  Top
> > posting, multiple threads and all makes it hard to follow.
> >
> > I'm beginning to think the same thing.  Here we thought he was further
> > into the install and just missed a few steps/section and now I'm
> > beginning to think he has only booted the install media and wants a
> > installer command.  Maybe he will post something that will help us help
> > him.  Maybe.  I thought I had a rough idea but based on a recent post,
> > we may be all wrong on where he is in this process.
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > :-)  :-)
> >

> Apologies for starting the top posting,
>
> I had earlier suggested using
> http://www.tecmint.com/gentoo-linux-installation-guide/ and the Gentoo
> handbook side by side.
> The link provided has the option of using the LiveDVD. I do not know
> at what stage the install failed but it might be easier to start over.
>
> Regards
> Joachim

I thought it was the OP that top posted first.  Sometimes new folks fall
into a couple areas.  1: Don't know top posting is discouraged.  2: Are
using something that doesn't allow or is difficult to change from top
posting.  I think stuff like cell phones and such fall into that 2nd
one.  Either way, getting Gentoo installed is the more important thing
if the OP is limited on what he can email with.  Once he gets Gentoo
installed, then he can have better options with help setting it up if
needed.

There are tons of media one can use to install Gentoo.  As I think it
was Joost posted, it mostly just needs to be recent.  I took a look at
your link, it may work, it may not.  I always use the official Gentoo
guide because it is very well tested and known to work.  Heck, on a lot
of things, you can copy and paste the commands.  One could certainly use
tab completion a lot.

At this point, I'm thinking he only made to booting the live media and
for some reason, thinks Gentoo has a installer like other distros.  I'm
not quite sure but it seems Neil's first reply may have been closer to
the point.  Start at chapter 1 and follow it.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)