On 08/10/16 07:43, Grant wrote:
> [...]

Have you tuned swappiness?

e.g.:
vm.swappiness=1
vm.vfs_cache_pressure=50

You can force minimal use of swap as well as turn it off.  I have tried
to go swap-less a few times and have come to the conclusion you are
trading occasional slow downs for the certainty of a crash and burn when
you hit an unexpected memory requirement.  I have swap (2xram - mostly
for hibernation), but tune it as above.

rattus ~ # free
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:        4041520     1605108      147588       19500     2288824
2083800
Swap:       4194300         356     4193944
rattus ~ #

BillK