Alarig Le Lay <ala...@swordarmor.fr> [16-11-29 08:16]:
> On Tue Nov 29 07:42:16 2016, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Is there any way to feed the stream from youtube direktly into
> > a not blown player like mpv/mplayer or such (I would prefer
> > not to load a complete gui (vlc) with any click again and again.)?
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes, you can play video from youtube with mpv if you have emerged
> net-misc/youtube-dl.
>
> --
> alarig

Hi Alarig,

thanks for your help! :)

yes...I know...but this implies (as far as I know):
Copying the url from FF as argument to youtube-dl,
downloading the file, and than watching it.
This was my (painful) workaround the last days.

I woyld like something like:
Click on youtube-url, a window (console) pops up
and starts <fill in something> to watch the video
directly.

Is it possible somehow?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,