On 16-11-29 at 08:35, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Alarig Le Lay <ala...@swordarmor.fr> [16-11-29 08:16]:
> > On Tue Nov 29 07:42:16 2016, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > > Is there any way to feed the stream from youtube direktly into
> > > a not blown player like mpv/mplayer or such (I would prefer
> > > not to load a complete gui (vlc) with any click again and again.)?
> > Yes, you can play video from youtube with mpv if you have emerged
> > net-misc/youtube-dl.
> yes...I know...but this implies (as far as I know):
> Copying the url from FF as argument to youtube-dl,
> downloading the file, and than watching it.
> This was my (painful) workaround the last days.
It doesn't. As long as you have mpv built with +lua it ships with the
youtube-dl hook which will run youtube-dl (if installed) on any url
passed to mpv, parse the json output and then play the "real" video url.

> I woyld like something like:
> Click on youtube-url, a window (console) pops up
> and starts <fill in something> to watch the video
> directly.
>
> Is it possible somehow?
There's probably around a bazillion addons for that. A quick search
found [1] [2] [3] [4]. Though binding an alias to `mpv $(xsel -b)' and
then executing that after copying a url shouldn't be that hard.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/watch-with-mpv
[2] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/external-video
[3] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-assistant
[4] https://github.com/agiz/youtube-mpv