On 11/30/2016 07:37:20 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 13:28:15 -0500, Michael Mol wrote:

> The next tool that looked like it might work, gscan2pdf, wasn't in
> portage, and with the semi-garbled output from tesseract suggesting the
> scans were too poor quality, I didn't pursue further.

THere's an ebuild on bgo that I've kept updated to the latest release,
I've attached it. However, it uses tesseract as the OCR engine, so I
would expect similar results.

--
Neil Bothwick

Hi Neil,
the ebuild you've shared has a dependency on perl-gcpan/Linux-Distribution which I don't have
in my Gentoo tree. Have you got a fix?

Thanks for this ebuild,
Helmut