On 161223-23:29-0800, Daniel Campbell wrote:
> On 12/23/2016 08:58 AM, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> >
> > Thanks if there will be any explanations and advice. And in the meantime, I
> > really enjoy using Pale Moon in my Gentoo, both master and, of course,
> > clone(s)!
> >
> > Regards!
> >

> Could you be a bit more concise? I'm not sure what exactly you're asking
> about. A simple question or two might be enough to better explain your
> problem.
It doesn't look easy to me to do it.

With palemoon Gentoo overlay cloned, and Pale-Moon sources cloned, and
the sources git served by cgit installed on apache, I managed to install
Palemoon successfully.

But it's strange, because it installed in /usr/portage/distfiles with
strange directory names in the structure. Most prominently strange
being:

git3-src EGIT_MIRROR_URI=git:

(that's the name of the dir first level under /usr/portage/distfiles,
but there are more underneath)

Is that expected behavior with EAPI=6 in the ebuild, or is it a
successful installation just by some stroke of luck?

Note: the installed palemoon (but we're in the cloned system, another
system of same hardware as the Air-Gapped system where I installed...),
which I'm browsing online with, works faultlessly, as if I had installed
it regularly with layman and emerge while being online.

For any more detail, pls. look in the very detailed account of the
entire installation in my previous email which I took several hours to
write to my best ability.

> --
> Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
> OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
> fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C  1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6

Thank you for your kind consideration!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia