On Sat, 24 Dec 2016 10:50:53 -0500, Tom H wrote:

> >> I'm also a heretic who uses the systemd bootloader no matter what
> >> pid1 is in charge.
> >>
> >> It's the best thing that the systemd developers have produced!
> >
> > Except they didn't produce it. They assimilated gummiboot, which I was
> > already using, into the systemd collective!
>
> Wasn't Kay Sievers one of the two gummiboot developers? (Along with
> Harald <something> of dracut fame.)

I had been unaware of that. But it was developed away from systemd
originally - maybe here was a conspiracy to add it to the systemd
collective all along ;-)

I was using gummiboot before I tried systemd.

--
Neil Bothwick

Marriage is a relationship in which one person
is always right and the other is a husband