Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> [16-12-31 17:00]:
> On 31/12/2016 17:23, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > and the novice asked:
> > "Is there the Tao in rpm?"
> > The master replied: "...ues, there is the Tao in rpm."
> > "And is there the Tao in yum?"
> > "Yes, there is Tao in yym also...in every package manager
> > is the Tao...humble and silent they do all their work..."
> > The master added:
> > "...and Tao is in portage/emerge also...but of an higher order,
> > so dont try to understand, what it says..."
> >
> > This time the novice was who shifted slightly and coughed...
> >
> > Hmmm...
> >
> > This time portage reached down from its ebony tower and spake to the
> > novice claiming:
> >
> > emerge sci-electronics/pulseview sci-electronics/sigrok-cli
> > sci-libs/libsigrok sci-libs/libsigrokdecode
> >
> > Calculating dependencies                          [ ok ]
> >                                                               -
> >
> > !!! Problem resolving dependencies for sci-electronics/pulseview
> >                               ... done!
> >
> > !!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "sci-electronics/pulseview" has unmet
> > requirements.
> > - sci-electronics/pulseview-0.3.0::gentoo USE="decode qt5 -qt4 -static"
> > ABI_X86="64" PYTHON_TARGETS="-python3_4"
> >
> >   The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
> >     decode? ( python_targets_python3_4 )
> >
> >   The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
> >     decode? ( python_targets_python3_4 ) exactly-one-of ( qt4 qt5 )
> >

> > What is missing what by what ?
> > Is it possible to make these kind of output a little more readable...?
> > I am only a simple human being and my ideas for more and more clones
> > of "The Tao of Programming" just to add some humor are limited...
> > :)
> >
> > Ah! By the way: Happy new year! :) :) :)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Meino
> > (slightly shifting and coughing)
> >

> You have "PYTHON_TARGETS=-python3_4" set for pulseview
>
> You need to make it PYTHON_TARGETS=python3_4
>
> Add python_single_target_python3_4 to package.use for pulseview in the
> usual way
>
> --
> Alan McKinnon
> alan.mckin...@gmail.com

Hi Alan,

I grepped-r through /etc for  PYTHON_TARGETS and found this:
make.conf:PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7"

Then I grepped-r rthrough /etc for pulseview and found:
./portage/package.use/pulseview:sci-electronics/pulseview-0.3.0
python_single_target_python3_4 qt5

Nonetheless emerge pulseview still says:
Calculating dependencies \

!!! Problem resolving dependencies for sci-electronics/pulseview
                          ... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "sci-electronics/pulseview" has unmet
requirements.
- sci-electronics/pulseview-0.3.0::gentoo USE="decode qt5 -qt4 -static"
ABI_X86="64" PYTHON_TARGETS="-python3_4"

  The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    decode? ( python_targets_python3_4 )

  The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    decode? ( python_targets_python3_4 ) exactly-one-of ( qt4 qt5 )

[1]    10905 exit 1     emerge sci-electronics/pulseview

Which is overriding the setting via package.use/<file> here?

Cheers
Meino