On Donnerstag, 9. März 2017 22:50:26 CET Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 22:23:34 +0100, Marc Joliet wrote:
> > On Donnerstag, 9. März 2017 21:08:32 CET Rich Freeman wrote:
> > > I guess all it is missing is an MTA.  :)
> >
> > Heh, maybe then systemd would be able to send emails for failed
> > services ;-) .
>
> Like this?
>
> http://northernlightlabs.se/systemd.status.mail.on.unit.failure

Ah, but with a built-in MTA that would work out-of-the-box, in which case the
unit-status-mail@.service unit (or something like it) could be included
upstream ;-) .

(Of course, as somebody who doesn't currently need failure emails, I don't
*really* care about this topic, although I was vaguely aware of the method
described in your link.)

--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup