On Tuesday 25 Apr 2017 16:45:37 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On 25/04/2017 16:29, lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > since the usage of FTP seems to be declining, what is a replacement
> > which is at least as good as FTP?
> >
> > I'm aware that there's webdav, but that's very awkward to use and
> > missing features.
>
> Why not stick with ftp?
> Or, put another way, why do you feel you need to use something else?
>
> There's always dropbox

Invariably all web hosting ISPs offer ftp(s) for file upload/download.  If you
pay a bit more you should be able to get ssh/scp/sftp too.  Indeed, many ISPs
throw in scp/sftp access as part of their basic package.

Webdav(s) offers the same basic upload/download functionality, so I am not
sure what you find awkward about it, although I'd rather use lftp instead of
cadaver any day. ;-)

As Alan mentioned, with JavaScript'ed web pages these days there are many
webapp'ed ISP offerings like Dropbox and friends.

What is the use case you have in mind?
--
Regards,
Mick