170506 allan gottlieb wrote:
> On Sat, May 06 2017, Philip Webb wrote:
>> I have an HP printer, which also copies & can scan,
>> but it isn't supported by Sane-backends & would require much work.
> Do you have hplip and hplip-plugin merged ?
> I have SANE_BACKENDS="" and can scan from the glass with no problems.
> My HP all-in-one is an 8600.

My notes tell me :

  HP DJ 2510 : 131225

  Scanning doesn't work w Sane :
   hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/deskjet_aio/deskjet_2510_series.html ;
    it uses 'digital sending' via network to shared dir,
    wh requires much setting-up & lack any fine-tuning via Xsane.

If the situation has changed since 2013, I wb interested to know.

I have  hplip-3.16.3  installed, but not  hplip-plugin .
There's no stable version of the latter,
which wants to install/upgrade  16  pkgs & conflicts with other stuff.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca