On Di, 01 Aug 16:09:07 +0000
Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2017-08-01, Floyd Anderson <f...@31c0.net> wrote:

If you look at

 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/sys-devel/gcc

It showls eleven versions for amd64 in green with a '+' symbol.  I
thought that meant they were stable.  But, as there's no key on that
page explaining what the colors and symbols mean, I was evidently
wrong.

You are right that is a little bit odd and confusing. One have to look
at the mouse tool tip while hovering those symbols.

Very will hidden, that!  Kudos to the joker that thought that one up.

$ equery keywords sys-devel/gcc

is more clear on this.

Thanks, I should have known to not use a web page for something that
had a command-line tool.

Yes for me it is mostly more convenient, especially when javascript comes into play. Also learning never stops. The command `eshowkw`, which Mick mentioned, is new to me even if its output is very similar to `equery`.

BTW, there is a little symbol legend when you click on the question mark above the arch column header:

   <https://packages.gentoo.org/about/help#keyword-legend>

and it shows a not used symbol for masked versions. Maybe just another one from the joker. ;-)

--
Regards,
floyd