On 20/08/2017 05:47, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> Hi all,
>       I am getting random lockups on kernel 4.12.5.
>
> Three intel hosts (atom, early i7, i7 haswell) - its worse after a
> suspend resume session.  Because these are in use Ive gone back to
> 4.9.34 which is stable.
>
> I also have some VM's and an MS surface pro 4 which are stable on
> 4.12.5, 6 and 8) - confusing!
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> BillK

Neil's reply elsewhere to Ralph may have the smoking gun clue.

I'm seeing changes in 4.12 too and haven't bothered looking further as
4.11 still works for me. My external monitors and USB keyboard & mouse
on laptops stopped working with 4.12 and other silliness which I forget.

My techie spidey-sense is telling me it all smells a lot like someone
tidied up .config and things moved around, so make oldconfig got confused.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com