<alan.mckin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I store mine locally because I search them when I run into a issue.
> >> I've got emails going back to 2006.  Even if my internet is down, at
> >> least I can search old list emails to see if I can find a clue to fix
> >> what I'm running into.  Of course when you do that, you run into this:
> >>
> >> root@fireball / # du -shc
> >> /home/dale/.mozilla/seamonkey/q6o6ulhz.default/Mail/
> >> 3.9G    /home/dale/.mozilla/seamonkey/q6o6ulhz.default/Mail/
> >> 3.9G    total
> >> root@fireball / #
> >
> > 4G???? is that all???
> >
> > pressed for space much? :-)
>
> I don't recall the limits on gmail but I know sometimes, I have to go
> clean house on the google web mail site itself.  It is supposed to
> delete after downloading but sometimes it doesn't for some reason.  Who
> knows.

GMail used to be at 1GB when they started. Already back then that would not
have been enough for me. My mailstore has been cleaned up occasionally (spam
and alert-mails being cleaned up regularly):

mailstore1 ~ # du -sh /var/spool/imap/j/user/joost
42G     /var/spool/imap/j/user/joost

(This is only my personal email, the email archive of my wife and the shared
stuff isn't in this)

--
Joost