On Thursday, 14 September 2017 11:11:01 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 September 2017 09:25:14 BST Mick wrote:
> > Another complain surfaced:  apparently users cannot edit their own user
> > icon, the one that appears to the left of the name of the user in the
> > start up panel.  systemsettings5 only allows one to add a user.  Existing
> > user accounts are not listed.
>
> Now that's definitely wrong. I have no users other than myself, but I do
> appear in the user manager. I do have to give the root password to save any
> changes I make, though, which is only natural.

This particular box has two users.  I logged in with my user (I belong to the
wheel group) and still no existing users were listed.  All I could do is add a
new user, which is not something I would like to do.

Can you please confirm if you are running systemd with your Plasma
installation?

--
Regards,
Mick