On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 23:38:21 +0200, Marc Joliet wrote:
> Am Freitag, 15. September 2017, 23:15:05 CEST schrieb Alan Mackenzie:
> > Yes, but do I want it to go away?  What is it, what does it do?

> > OK, let's try emerge -s thin-provisioning-tools.  We get back only
> > patronising garbage, namely "A suite of tools for thin provisioning on
> > Linux" - well, duh!  Who write's this stuff?

> > So, WTF is thin provisioning?

> I'm tempted to ask whether google is down or something, but I'm tired and
> waiting for 7z to finish so here you go anyway:

For me, google is permanently down.

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thin_provisioning

Yes, I've read it, thanks.  My question above was somewhat rhetorical.

> I would say you probably don't need to care about it.

I do.  I need to spend time and effort removing it.  It sounds like
something only useful in servers, yet I have a desktop profile installed.

There's something not quite right, here.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).