P Levine wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:40 AM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com
> <mailto:rdalek1...@gmail.com>>wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     It's trying to install dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.9.2.  I went back
>     and sort of started from the start.  Figured out where I made a
>     boo boo.  Now it tries to apply the patch but fails to apply
>     properly.
>

> ​If you don't already​
>
> ​have ​dev-qt/qtdeclarative-5.9.2 installed then install it without
> the patch.  Otherwise, I can't help you.  The patch was just meant to
> be an attempt at a backport for a lesser version of​ dev-qt/qtdeclarative.

Well, that is the version that started the memory hogging.  Since my
last restart, it seems to not be hogging up memory, yet anyway.

I tried to go back a version but it is causing all sorts of havoc.  I
was having to remove unmask/keyword entries and add mask entries and it
was just going round and round.  May just wait a bit and see if a new
update comes out with a fix.

Thanks for trying tho.  At least it is possible that this is affecting
enough users that it will get fixed.

Dale

:-)  :-)