On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 14:14:50 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> I don't think the trustees can argue that claim anymore. Larry hasn't
> been around for years on gentoo web sites (znort is still to be found
> hovering at the bottom of wiki pages though!). Trademarks go away in law
> if you don't protect them.

Err, from https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Main_Page

Welcome to the Gentoo wiki!
Larry the cow welcomes you to the Gentoo wiki.

> And it was never Larry the Cow either, gentoo had
> Larry the Gender-Confused Cow :-)

The only confusion is the typical English language ambiguity where cow
is also allowed to refer to domesticated cattle of either gender, despite
being used as a label for females of so many species.

Or Larry could be short for Lauren/Laura ;-)

--
Neil Bothwick

I do not like this dumb machine
I really ought to sell it.