On 16/11/17 11:05, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> building firefox 57.0 failed on my system - it looks like
> the last stage (linking) fails.
>
> I attached the build.log to this mail.
>
> Is there a way around this?
>
> Cheers
> Meino

        First thing I do when I have a problem with one of the larger apps,
Firefox, Thunderbird, LibreOffice is enable the make feature, in
make.conf, that keeps temp files around:

FEATURES="ccache keeptemp keepwork candy"

and then set the make options so that only one thread is doing stuff:

MAKEOPTS="-j1"

I just sometimes find that the build system gets a bit confused, with
multiple threads, and the one thread "straightens" things out.

        But then again, this might be a bug and I have no idea as to what I'm
talking about.....

        Andrew