On 2017-11-16, Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 4:05 AM,  <tu...@posteo.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> building firefox 57.0 failed on my system - it looks like
>> the last stage (linking) fails.
>>

> It doesn't fail at the last stage - that's just when the error is
> repeated after other parallel tasks in the pipeline are completed. The
> actual error you got starts around line 5520 and is:

Even it it doesn't solve the problem, using -j1 will eliminates this
sort of confusion and make it much easier to spot the source of the
problem.

Of course the build takes longer.

[And if you're building on a laptop where you've unwittingly broken
the CPU clock throttling stuff, and it's running at 1/4 speed, it
_really_ takes a long time.]

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Sometime in 1993
                                  at               NANCY SINATRA will lead a