Am Sun, 19 Nov 2017 11:25:15 -0500
schrieb "taii...@gmx.com" <taii...@gmx.com>:

> > I'm collecting information about people's experiences in #gentoo.
> Thanks!
> > I'm interested in both good and bad experiences, with users,
> > developers, and operators. Basically, anything that anyone would
> > care to share would be much appreciated.
> The lack of an ncurses setup gui/an express setup option is a major
> PITA which is why I haven't yet used gentoo as dom0 in a production
> environment, If something goes wrong and I am forced to re-install it
> will take long enough for the boss to think I am bad at my job and it
> isn't the type of thing one should do late at night.

Keep a binpkg of all your installed packages in a backup, keep a backup
of /var/lib/portage/world and /etc.

Now for reinstalling, just feed back the binpkg backup and make.conf
backup (from etc) to portage, put the world file back in place, then
reinstall. Should only take a few seconds now.

Then restore the rest of your configuration using the etc-backup.

--
Regards,
Kai

Replies to list-only preferred.